15th Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Workshop
A Virtual Course on Translating Research into Novel Drug Targets
Virtual, May 4-5, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Workshop will be held as a virtual meeting.
Access to the 14th edition of the event’s sessions, recordings, slides and Q&As remains open.
The 2021 edition of the workshop will be held online as a combination of live presentations, Q&A sessions with the audience and panel discussions. Presentations from internationally recognized leaders in neuroscience will share their experiences from different stages of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials and more!
Short presentations will also be invited through an online application with a deadline of April 9.
- Academia 47% 47%
- Industry 33% 33%
- Non-profit 13% 13%
- Government 3% 3%
- Consulting 3% 3%
- Other 1% 1%
Data from 2019 Workshop
Percentage of attendees selecting quality of the meeting as "Excellent" and "Very Good"
- Train a cadre of interdisciplinary scientists in the principles of drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Provide a platform to exchange ideas, knowledge and resources about drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Stimulate pre-clinical research in the discovery and testing of novel compounds aimed at the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disease.
- Build public-private partnerships that will accelerate drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Gain an understanding of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials
- Learn from case studies and challenges associated with developing drugs for neurodegenerative diseases
- Attend panel discussions