15th Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Workshop
A Virtual Course on Translating Research into Novel Drug Targets
Virtual, May 4-5, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Workshop was held as a virtual meeting.
Access to the 14th edition of the event’s sessions, recordings, slides and Q&As remains open.
The 2021 edition of the workshop was held online as a combination of live presentations, Q&A sessions with the audience and panel discussions. Internationally recognized leaders in neuroscience shared their experiences from different stages of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials and more!
Short presentations from submitted abstracts were also part of the two-day program and remain available for review from our virtual hub.
Percentage of attendees selecting quality of the meeting as "Excellent" and "Very Good"
- Academia 52% 52%
- Industry 35% 35%
- Non-profit 13% 13%
- Government 4% 4%
- Association/Foundation 2% 2%
- Other 7% 7%
- Senior Researcher 42% 42%
- Junior Researcher 11% 11%
- Graduate Student (incl. Post-doc) 17% 17%
- Undergraduate Student 2% 2%
- Other (consulting, pharma management and operations, foundation management, etc.) 28% 28%
- United States 56% 56%
- United Kingdom 6% 6%
- Germany 5% 5%
- Canada 5% 5%
- Italy 5% 5%
- Other (Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, South Korea, Netherlands, Australia, etc.) 21% 21%
Data from 2021 Workshop
- Train a cadre of interdisciplinary scientists in the principles of drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Provide a platform to exchange ideas, knowledge and resources about drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Stimulate pre-clinical research in the discovery and testing of novel compounds aimed at the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disease.
- Build public-private partnerships that will accelerate drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Gain an understanding of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials
- Learn from case studies and challenges associated with developing drugs for neurodegenerative diseases
- Attend panel discussions