16th Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Conference
A Virtual Course on Translating Research into Novel Drug Targets
Virtual, June 6-7, 2022
The 2022 edition of the workshop was held online as a combination of live presentations, Q&A sessions with the audience and panel discussions.
Internationally recognized leaders in neuroscience shared their experiences from different stages of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials and more.
The event counted close to 1000 registrants from 41 countries and six continents, and over 550 attendees on Day 1 and 450 on Day 2!
Percentage of attendees selecting quality of the meeting as "Excellent" and "Very Good"
- Academia 52% 52%
- Industry 35% 35%
- Non-profit 13% 13%
- Government 4% 4%
- Association/Foundation 2% 2%
- Other 7% 7%
- Senior Researcher 40% 40%
- Post-doctoral Fellow 10% 10%
- Junior Researcher 9% 9%
- Graduate Student 9% 9%
- Other (consulting, pharma management and operations, foundation management, etc.) 32% 32%
- United States 63% 63%
- United Kingdom 7% 7%
- Canada 5% 5%
- Italy 4% 4%
- Spain 3% 3%
- Australia 2% 2%
- India 2% 2%
- Other 15% 15%
Data from 2022 Conference
- Train a cadre of interdisciplinary scientists in the principles of drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Provide a platform to exchange ideas, knowledge and resources about drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
- Stimulate pre-clinical research in the discovery and testing of novel compounds aimed at the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disease.
- Build public-private partnerships that will accelerate drug discovery for neurodegenerative disease.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Gain an understanding of the drug discovery pipeline, from target identification to clinical trials
- Learn from case studies and challenges associated with developing drugs for neurodegenerative diseases
- Attend panel discussions